Black is your go-to colour, but you want to try something different - but just a little bit different... This blue is so dark that it almost looks black - until you are in sunlight and it has a shimmer of dark navy blue. Go for it: branch out from ordinary black!
We are proud to make beautiful jackets out of the discarded fabrics from large commercial factories. Because we manufacture from roll-ends, we use a lot of different materials. The colour swatch you see is representative of the fabrics we currently have in this colour group.
The photos to the left show possible variation in colour. Your jacket or vest will be unique!
In 2011, we went on our first trip to Nepal and fell in love with the country, our guide, and his family. Upon our return home, we created "Jackets for Jasper" to support their children's schooling and help make a difference in their lives.
Since securing funding for these three children, every jacket purchased now funds 1 month of school for a girl in Nepal. In addition to looking great, you'll feel great: 100% of after-tax profits are dedicated to helping Nepali children attend school. This truly is a Heart-Warming Down Jacket.
- Extremely light and compressible goose down fill doesn't restrict movement
- Amazing warmth for its weight (390 to 560 grams depending on size and fabric)
- Perfect for layering underneath a raincoat or wearing as your outer jacket over a light layer
- Lightweight ripstop nylon taffeta shell is water resistant
- Stormflap behind the full-length front zipper keeps breezes out
- Durable YKK zippers will not let you down when zipping them up
- Comfy elasticized cuffs keep sleeves in place (on jackets)
- Drawcord at your hips keeps draft out and seals warmth in
- Two zippered hand pockets and one interior zippered pocket are big enough for your mobile, keys and hands
- Collar has a zipper cover to keep your chin from getting scratched
- A loop on the inside collar for hanging jacket on a hook
- Comes with its own stuff sack for easy packing
Our jackets are made in Nepal by our manufacturer Rajan and his team of 7 tailors. When they are not sewing for Jackets for Jasper, they make clothing and gear for mountaineers.
During our busiest season (October through December), we estimate 4-8 weeks for your jacket to be manufactured, shipped, quality-checked and delivered to you, depending on the number of orders received and when our last shipment left Nepal. All orders made through November will be delivered in time for Christmas.
I know, you want your jacket now! We ask for your patience. Your short wait will provide a life-changing gift for a young girl's entire life and before you know it, you will receive a hand-made, exactly what-you-want Jacket for Jasper jacket or vest that you will be proud (and cozy) to wear!